HomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHome

Saturday, May 1, 2010

May's List


Wow!! I can't believe how long it has been since I wrote on the blog. Well Dennis decided not go to New York so he is in Mobile this weekend. We are a month closer to our vacation, but this giant oil spill could ruin so many things. More on that later this week after I hopefully get signed up to volunteer to clean up.


I've decided to make May the month of not spending any money...well there are a few exceptions.
1. I need a new swimsuit for vacation, but I will not spend more than $40.

2. Wolfie needs to go to the vet.

3. I will be having at least one girls night.

4. I won't give up my monthly facials. (This is my way to relax.)


We will not go out to eat together, but we are allowed if we go out with friends. I am doing an inventory now of our pantry and will get a menu started for the next month. I plan on going to the grocery store for one major purchase tomorrow and a smaller one two weeks from now. There is a farmer's market on the way home from work so I will stop once a week to get produce if we need it. We will see how it goes.

Dennis and I have also set up several goals for redoing the outside of our house.

1. New windows.

2. A new concrete driveway

3. Vinyl siding - We are torn between this because Dennis wants to see how much brick might cost. I am afraid that this may be way to much.

4. Back yard - Our back yard is so overgrown that Dennis and I just don't even want to think about it but we know it is something that needs to be done. We just don't want to do it.


The inside of our house goals aren't huge, but don't include my/our dreams.

1. Hardwood floors in the den, dining area, and hallway. We have pretty much decided that we are going to keep carpet in the bedrooms because I want very expensive hardwood floors.

2. New furniture - We need new sofas badly, but I haven't quite found one that I love and I have slip covers for our sofa and a plan. I will let you know how that goes.

We are also saving money for a new fence, a new roof, and a new A/C system. Our roof is is the same age as our house so we know we are going to need a new one soon. Our fence is awful and Shea and Wolfie have literally busted through it before:(

My dreams for the house is to put an addition to our bedroom to extend our bedroom and bathroom. In our bedroom I would like to have a craft room/office and huge bathroom and walk in closet. I can always dream. I think though that we may buy a new house before we ever do that.


Well I will be getting our last window quote on Monday so hopefully by next month's list I will have something marked off.


Hope everyone has a great weekend and please pray for us on the Gulf Coast as we deal with this crisis. Good Luck Alexis at your track meet at Ole' Miss hopefully the rain will hold off.




0 comments:

Post a Comment