HomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHomeHome

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Free Mantle Decorating

Dennis and I hosted a Father's Day Party at our house this year so our mantle needed a little tweak. It may or may not have still had some leftovers from the Easter Mantle..........

Since I had a major life change occurring the mantle had to be absolutely free. More on the life change in the next post I promise.


So what is a girl to do when looking to decorate her mantle for free.........snag items from her yard.

I first broke off some branches from our Confederate Rose tree that is just not doing very well and spray painted them with colors we had on hand. My spray painting skill are not very good plus in South Alabama in June you really don't ever reach the perfect temperature or humidity.



I also stole a bird's nest from a bush in our backyard. Don't worry the baby birdies had flown the coop a few days early. I knew this because Shea had finally stopped barking at the nest. Plus the birds had stopped buzzing the dogs when they were in the yard.

The best piece is our hydrangeas. Last year when we moved into the new house the hydrangeas had a great year. Not so much this year. We are having a major drought so I won't show you pictures of the bushes because they don't look so good but I will show you some of the blooms.

So there you have our free mantle decorating. By the way our mantle is very hard to photograph and I am still working on it. Hopefully as the seasons move on I will get much better at it.
By the way the hydrangeas dried themselves and I have a new project I can't wait to show you.







4 comments:

Becca Bertotti said...[Reply to comment]

Your mantel is beautiful, Dawn. I'm a big fan of "free" decorating, too! I love the texture that your painted branches add ... and, the bird nest looks great in your lantern! Visiting from Dittle Dattle ... look forward to following you. Becca

www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

jess@balancing the dream said...[Reply to comment]

free decorating is the best!! great job! I love the little details!

Ivy and Elephants said...[Reply to comment]

Your mantle is gorgeous. Love the hydrangeas. Can't wait to see your next project.

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

A Few Pennies said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty; love hydrangeas too; they seem to be as popular as ever this year. Wish mine would bloom!

Post a Comment